Family

Family

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First Timer

This past Veterans Day, my friend Julie and I decided to do something neither one of us has ever done; and that was to run in a 5K. Clifton Park has a 5K Veterans Day Dash every year and we decided to run in it. Little did we know that of the 330 people that entered at least half of the runners were going to be middle school and high school kids, and most of those kids were athletes of some sort. We definitely felt out of our element, but the day was a cool 42*F with a lovely head wind in our faces the entire race. Julie finished a few seconds before me, and I finished with a time of 42:46, not bad for my first race. Maybe next time my nerves won't get the better of me. Any way we had a great time, and I have accomplished one of my many goals.





4 comments:

Bickham Family said...

Go AJ! Good job on your first race!

The Bears said...

Awesome AJ. I haven't ran one of those since I was a high school athlete. It might be time to try it again.

Mike and Heidi said...

Congratulations Anjanette! That is so great!

Nelson Family said...

Let's do it again!